Carolina’s Best Mix

Squirrel Starts Cheese Factory Fire, Spoils 20,000 Gallons of Milk

08/12/2017 at 3:11 | Vancouver Sun
Photo Credit: Emomare / Freeimages.com
Nearly 20,000 gallons of milk were spoiled in British Columbia this week after a squirrel caused a fire at a cheese factory. According to the Vancouver Sun, emergency crews responded to a fire at Scardillo Cheese in Burnaby, BC, at 9 a.m. Tuesday, after a squirrel chewed through a piece of equipment and flames sparked. The flames damaged a main power line, impacting not just the factory, but 150 residents in the surrounding area. It took about 12 hours to restore power to the factory, leaving the milk to spoil and warm. While most of the cheese was protected in rented generators, Scardillo Cheese expects to lose about a week of production disposing of and cleaning up the milk.

Comments

comments