Greensboro Summercation Rules
WMGV – V103.3
“GREENSBORO SUMMERCATION” OFFICIAL RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Curtis Media Group, d/b/a WMGV (V103.3). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The “Greensboro Summercation” Contest will begin Tuesday, May 30, 2017 and end Friday, June 9, 2017.
- To participate in the contest, listen between 8am and 7pm every weekday for your cue to call, “The V-Crew packing their bags”. Be the 13th caller on the V-Line at 800-849-1033 OR 252-635-1033, and qualify to win the “Greensboro Summercation”.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- Contest is open to all station listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Eastern North Carolina. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of North Carolina residency to verify eligibility. Contestants must use their own name and information. Contestants are not allowed to use anyone else’s name or information for qualifying or contesting on WMGV.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Greenville, New Bern, Jacksonville, NC and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest. Contestants must use their own name and information. Contestants are not allowed to use anyone else’s name or information for qualifying or contesting on WMGV.
- One Grand Prize Package (“Greensboro Summercation”) will be given away and will consist of a one room for 4 for 2 nights at Grandover Resort & Spa in Greensboro, NC, room and tax charges only, valued at approximately $400. Hotel will be in winners name only and not transferable. Winner must present a credit card upon check-in for any fees including but not limited to incidental fees. Winner must provide two different dates which they choose to travel within 1 week of winning and dates must be before June 30, 2017. Hotel based on availability and black-out dates may apply. 4 tickets to Wet ‘N Wild Emerald Pointe valid for 2017 season valued at approximately $154. 4 tickets to Greensboro Science Center valued at approximately $52. 4 tickets to SKYWILD at Greensboro Science Center valued at approximately $184. Total approximate value for Grand Prize “Greensboro Summercation” is $790.00.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner must provide legal name, address, phone, e-mail birthdate and social security number for themselves and legal name and birthdate for guest to WMGV and Road Runner Records to claim prize.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Grand Prize Winner will be randomly drawn from all eligible qualifiers before 7pm on Friday, June 9th. Winners must listen to win. Winner will be notified by phone immediately after selection. If winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, another winner will be randomly selected.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at www.v1033.com.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
entries by phone
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WMGV 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.