Here’s How To Read Facial Expressions To See If Someone Is Lying
- Eyes darting back and forth- usually when they feel uncomfortable.
- Rapid Blinking
- Closing eyes for more than one second
- Smiles that don't affect the eyes
- Looking up and to the right- right-handed people may do this when they are lying about what they saw.
- Face touching- a chemical reaction often causes people's faces to itch when they lie.
- Looking directly to the right- right-handed people may do this when they are lying about what they heard.
- Pursed lips- lying causes dry mouth.
- Looking down to the right- right-handed people may do this when they're lying about smells.
- Excessive sweating
- Blushing- Usually women, it's an involuntary reflex and is a response to the release of adrenaline from lying.
- Head shaking- the person is disagreeing with what they've just said.
How to tell someone's lying to you just by watching their face pic.twitter.com/v0Os3gRddR— Business Insider (@businessinsider) April 18, 2017
Mary Brooke Beasley has a healthy obsession with all things related to cats, fashion, and the color pink! She mainly writes trending topics, celebrity gossip, and lifestyle pieces.